Pediatric dentist recognize that there are children for whom routine dental care using non pharmacologic behavior management techniques or nitrous oxide alone are inadequate due to their need for extensive treatment, acute situational anxiety, uncooperative behavior, disabilities, or various medical conditions. In these situations, Dr. Amanda and staff will discuss with you the option of sedation dentistry.
Beyond nitrous oxide, we offer two deeper versions of sedation:
IV sedation (performed at our office) and General anesthesia (at Valleygate Dental Surgery Center)
Multiple procedures can be completed while a patient is under IV sedation or general anesthesia, eliminating the need for multiple visits! Your child will sleep throughout the entire procedure. This will greatly reduce stress or anxiety that your child may normally experience in a different setting.
Our goals of sedation are to provide the most comfortable, efficient, and high quality treatment for the patient that is both a pleasant and positive experience.
- Will occur right in our office in an environment that is both extremely familiar and extremely safe for your child.
- The sedation is completed by a licensed anesthesiologist from Pediatric Dental Anesthesia Associates and the dentistry is completed by Dr. Amanda and the NC Tooth Docs team.
- **Their anesthesiologists are medical doctors who completed four years of medical school and four more years of hospital training to specialize in anesthesiology. In addition, they have received specialized training in pediatric anesthesia.
- Will occur at Valleygate Dental Surgery Center which is located approximately ten minutes for our office.
How to decide which option is right for you?
- Dr. Amanda will assess your child’s needs and give a recommendation.
- Our insurance coordinator will breakdown financial estimates for each location.
- Our NC Tooth Docs team is here to answer any and all questions so that you can be comfortable with your child’s care!
Our goal is to always provide the best care possible. While not the right answer for every situation, sedation dentistry is one of many tools we employ to best treat your child.